Finnriver Farm & Cidery
Hard Cider and Fruit wines farmcrafted and fermented on the Olympic Peninsula
I am excited to be able to make Finnriver Farm & Cidery’s fantastic local hard cider and fruit wines available to accompany your holiday meal. Best of all, Finnriver is extending a 10% discount to Eat Local Network’s customers. Suggested pairings with your holiday meal include their seasonal release, Forest Fir Cider (tastes like alpine air and a walk in the woods), Spirited Apple Wine, or a fortified Black Currant, Blueberry, or Pear brandywines. Finnriver Farm & Cidery is the winner of the Edible Seattle 2012 Local Heroes Artisan Beverage Award.
- Fill up your shopping cart with your favorite cider choices.
- Select “In-store pickup” for the shipping method.
- After you select a shipping method the page will refresh and there will be a box for you Promotional Code: Eat Local Network.
- The 10% discount will not be reflected in this window, but the Finnriver crew will manually process your request and give you the discount at that point.
- We will have your selections waiting for you on November 20th at your selected Thanksgiving box pick up location (Seattle or Carnation).
- If you have any troubles, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information from Finnriver:
Co-owners Keith & Crystie Kisler and Eric Jorgensen, along with the Finnriver crew, farm and ferment on a 33 acre organic family farm in Chimacum, on the north Olympic Peninsula of Washington. We are excited to be an active part in the Pacific Northwest cider revival and we are committed to handcrafting both traditional and innovative ciders with a base of 100% apple juice, sourced primarily from organic PNW farms, including our own. We have several traditionally crafted méthode champenoise style ciders that feature the dry, crisp and earthy characters of apples with elegant and enduring bubbles. Last summer, we also released a line-up of three new hard ciders in a 500 ml bottle, at 6.5% abv. They are the Dry Hopped, Sparkling Black Currant, and Sparkling Pear ciders.
These ciders are a tribute to the old hard cider traditions but also offer an approachable, fresh perspective on the possibilities of the fermented apple. We also craft a line of brandy-fortified fruit wines that are very popular and a unique oak-aged, port-style Spirited Apple Wine, which presents the ‘sophisticated’ side of the apple.
Finnriver is certified salmon safe and we are committed to wise land stewardship through organic agriculture, conservation easements, alternative energy, habitat restoration, community education and more.
Finnriver recently won the 2011 Edible Seattle Local Heroes Artisan Beverage award!
Finnriver’s Artisan Sparkling Cider won a double-gold medal at the 2011 Seattle Wine Awards.